Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hello from Haiti!

So sorry you've all been anxiously waiting!  I was SO busy last week I didn't even get a chance to post.  I'm sure at some point, I will regale/bore you with all the details, but what it comes down to is that God is good and  arrived in Haiti yesterday with a signed dossier!  :-)  PRAISE GOD!!

As of now, I believe our lawyer got out dossier (formal adoption application) submitted to the IBESR (Haitian Social Services) yesterday, albeit not without some hurdles to overcome.  Then I got the first full nights sleep that I've gotten in over a week!  A proud 7 1/2 hours!  Loved it!  I also had the wonderful opportunity to spend some great time with some dear friends in PAP.  What a blessing it was to chat and hang out with wonderful people who are of a similar mind and heart.

I am currently at the beautiful home of another missionary couple who live right on the Carribbean with a mission team (literally, I just went snorkeling in their back yard!  How cool is that?!).  Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we head to La Gonave, where I am hoping at some point tomorrow to get to go see our sweet girl!

Thank you SO much for all your prayers and love and support so far!  Next, please be in prayer that the IBESR will quickly and properly process our dossier.  We need a presidential dispensation (Pres. Martelly has to review our file and sign off on it) and there is also the typical wait time.  We're praying boldly that God will continue to bless and move so we can get this sweet girl home as quickly as possible!

Thanks again and love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. We are praying without ceasing! I love you and remember impossible things are happening EVERYDAY!

    Love,
    Mom, Tiff,Rudge & Gabe

    ReplyDelete