Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hello again from Anse-a-galets, Haiti!

We arrived on the island of La Gonave yesterday and I FINALLY got to go up to the orphanage for about a half hour to see my sweet girl!  She totally wasn't expecting us, so she didn't see me coming and didn't come out to meet me, but was certainly happy to see me when she did!  She threw her arms around me from behind and wouldn't let go for several minutes!  Wow!  What a blessing!  Her first question to me was "When do you have to go back?"  and her second was "Do I get to go with you?"  ...saddly I had to tell her no, but at least she's excited about the adoption!  :-) 

Our first day back together...
 Today, I got to pick Catrina up just after lunch and keep her until after dinner.  Today her surprising question was "Why can't I stay the night with you?"  I told her that it's because she has school tomorrow, to which her response was effectively "Well, I don't have school Saturday or Sunday."  :-)  I said we'd have to ask Mme. S's permission, but I don't see why not!  Who knows, I might have some fun sleep-over photos to share soon!  Eddie, Catrina specifically said she misses you and loves you!

I am supposed to be meeting with Mme. S and Catrina's older sister tomorrow at 2 pm, because apparently we aren't actually Catrina's legal guardians in Haiti until Catrina's bological father signs the decree.  We paid for him to go into PAP last October, but he kept making excuses and then apparently got really sick.  Now he is just simply refusing to go.  Not so much because he doesn't want us to adopt her, but really just because he doesn't want to bother going into PAP to sign it.  Please pray that God will change his heart and he will go into PAP (and that he will find the money to do so since we can't really give it to him again or it could be held against us...)  Please also pray that our meeting goes well tomorrow.

One additional, somewhat unrelated, prayer request is for the sweet, sweet missionary family who are so kind to host me on La Gonave.  They have a LOT going on out here at the island lately and could always use some extra prayers.

Much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment