Thursday, June 21, 2012

Haitian Adoption News & Father's Day

Since we took our dossier to Haiti, I haven't been nearly as good about keeping up with Haitian news as I should be!  Last week Haiti announced that the Haitian Parliament approved the Decree for ratification of the Hague Convention.  This Decree still needs to be deposited in the Netherlands for it to take effect, and even after it's deposited, it is another 3 months before that happens.  This decree affects ALL International adoptions.  However, we just don't really know how just yet.  Hopefully it's all good changes, but one never knows.  Please be in prayer that this IS a positive change, that we get through IBESR quickly and with all the proper dispensations, and that Catrina's birth father will make the trek to PAP.

So I should have mentioned Father's Day in my last post, but I think it was pretty hard for Eddie.  Don't get me wrong, he had a great day (as great a day as I could give him), but he seemed about as happy as I would have been "celebrating" Mother's Day here.  It was just extra clear that day that someone was missing.  He's strong and he will be fine, but please do say an extra little prayer for him for peace if you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment