Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Aug/Sept Trip Overview - Sorry! Thought I published this in mid-September! BAH! Photos available on FB...

I always love seeing my daughter!  And every trip to Haiti brings the hope of movement with our adoption.  Both of these are a plus.  However, I must admit that my favorite trips to Haiti are when I go as part of a mission team!  Not just with a mission team, but as part of one!  On these trips, I feel like I’m actually able to make a difference, to serve the Lord, to give back! 
The most recent trip I was on was no exception!  My Aug/Sept trip to Haiti was as part of a contruction team from the upstate of SC.  It was led by the same faithful friend (I won’t call you out without consent, but you know who you are…and you rock!!!) who leads the January mission trip I have taken the past 3 years… he was also leading the mission team I was on when I met our daughter.  By this point, many members of this team are family!  It is so much fun to be with these guys and even more exciting that they get to be a part of our adoption process!  (They may not be as excited about that last one as I am…especially since they are often the ones dealing with a tearful Mama stretched thin from Haitian bureaucracy and the testing of patience.)
On this trip, we (well , they…until I came out to join them after my layover in PAP) were helping make many of the finishing touches to the Wesleyan Guest House.  I was able to spend each morning leveling ground for a concrete sidewalk, painting ceiling boards for the hallway and bathrooms, or helping paint newly built nightstands (designed and built by one of our team members).  The rest of the team was able to help Greg make huge headway on the overall project (which is already booked for use later this month!).  It was a blessing to see the hardwork these guys (and gal) put in and the way God blessed all our efforts.  Please keep Greg and the tight deadline for this project in your prayers!
Unfortunately I was able to do only a small part before I headed out to the CV each afternoon to visit with Catrina and the other kids.  Even so, it was such a blessing to be used even a little bit! 
Each afternoon was speant dancing, playing, Praising God, practicing my creole, helping the CV kids practice their English (Project English update overdue too!  Sorry ya’ll!), and on one fateful day…getting my hair braided.  J  It is always so much fun to hang out with the kids and just show them some of God’s unconditional love!  Loving them for who they are in Christ!  Lord – may I love them even half as well as love me?! 
Adoption Status:  Since we received dispensation in May, we are just waiting on our dossier (fancy word for TONS of paperwork) to exit IBESR (Haitian Social Services).  Apparently the director of IBESR is out on leave with a sick child.  Please pray:
-          Healing for the IBESR director’s child
-          Specifically that our dossier will exit IBESR with no problems
-          Everyone will show up for the October 21 birth parent interviews
-          USCIS will get all the information they need to issue C’s VISA

No comments:

Post a Comment