Monday, October 22, 2012

Catch-up with the Bates

I must admit, I've been putting off posting as things have been just a bit up in the air at the moment.  Here are the major updates:
- Eddie and I head to Haiti bright and early Wednesday morning.  A trip that we scheduled earlier this month as a replacement for our September trip that fell through.
-Catrina is no longer at Mme. S's orphanage.  An odd array of events led to this and we are hoping to work out the details of what this means for our adoption while we are there.  The most important thing is that yes, she is safe.  She's currently living with her sister again, tough this is only a temporary possibility.

As always, I plan to try to update from Haiti, but one way or another, please do keep Catrina and us in your prayers, especially over the next two weeks.  Our specific prayers are for:
-Catrina's safety and health
-God's blessings on this recent development and the entirety of our adoption process (no movement there that we know of...)
-God's perfect Wisdom for any decisions we may face while there.
-God's Peace that transcends all understanding as we move forward and/or wait.

Many thanks to you all for all of the love and support you are so faithful to provide and the ceaseless prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Eddie & Bethany - - my heart hurts for you, and my prayers all for all. I have had y'all on my mind & wish there was something I could do to make the path a little easier for you. Please keep me posted & my prayers will continue.
    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for all of this, but I know that I know that God is in control and none of this has taken Him by surprise. I will continue to be praying. I love and miss you both so much. Have a safe trip, may this time be a time of even more bonding with Catrina and may this trip be a time of closer devotion and connection between the three of you and the Lord. Love you. Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of us from Curves send prayers your way, with your travels and with what God's plans hold for you individually and as a family - know that we will be thinking of all of you and praying for your safe travels! Love from all - Beth & Charlotte

    ReplyDelete